Motivated developer always looking for new challenges. A good challenge drives me to work harder. I’ve surprised myself many time by the hurdles I’ve overcome by continuing to work through difficult challenges. I’m continue to better myself tapping into other colleagues knowledge or reading online in my spare time. Constructive criticism is important to grow professionally and personally. Checkout the about page for additional information.
Web Application Developer – Highland Solutions – April 2013 to present
Create custom web application solutions translating complex business problems into solutions. This includes building large scale applications integrating with payment gateways, Google APIs, and much more. I have also developed custom Sugar CRM implementations. These are non-standard Sugar CRM implementations including integrations and workflows to mold the product around the client. All projects thus were developed in PHP.
Freelance – Viziality – May 2011 to present
Started freelancing while in college where I could use skills taught in class and directly apply them. Since then I’ve launched many business websites, Android apps, and WordPress plugins. I offer full service web development from hosting to a finished site. I have also created C# apps for specific business needs. I am not tied to a specific programming language, however most of my work is developed in PHP.
Frameworks: Laravel (PHP), Bootstrap, jQuery
Tools: Git, PHPStorm, Terminal, Browser Console, Android Studio, Putty
Methodologies: OO and MVC Development, Scrum, Agile
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS)
Whitewater Unified School District – Information Technology Intern, Whitewater, WI, Aug 2010 – Jan 2012
- Maintained all IT infrastructure (servers, PC’s, cabling) for all 6 school buildings
- Effectively communicate with faculty and staff to fully understand their technology needs
- Researched new products or services the district may need and make suggestions based off research
General Electric (Healthcare) Information Management Leadership Program Software Developer Intern Summer 2011
- Examined, documented, and developed Java code to increase application effectiveness.
- Improved UI and UX
- Lead Human Resources community implementation in Cisco Quad and Jive. Met with managers to gather requirements and understand their needs. Advise managers of capabilities and limitations
- Gained knowledge on software development lifecycle
Robert W. Baird & Co. – Tier 2 Service Desk Intern, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Summer 2009 and 2010
- Solved hardware and software problems both local and remote via phone and remote desktop for 2500 employees
- Helped transition workstation computers from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
Continuing Education & Graduate Studies – Web Developer/Computer Specialist, UW-W 2008 – 2010
- Maintained and resolved computer issues
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater – Whitewater, WI – May 2012
Majors: BBA – Management Computer Systems, BBA – Information Technology Infrastructure