I’m passionate and enjoy solving problems through programming. Other interests include video games, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, pizza, and spicy food.
Chief Software Architect – Tidal Commerce
- Bridge the gap between the non-technical side of business to the dev team.
- Aide in business decision making by helping people understand trade-offs for technical decisions.
- Provide input in executive meetings helping steer the company.
- Manage dev team and process.
- All Senior Web Developer responsibilities listed below.
Senior Web Developer – Tidal Commerce
- Organize dev team to use agile.
- Function as team lead and project manager.
- Work with each of the team members to QA their code and give feedback based on requirements and architecture.
- Go to person when someone has architecture questions.
- Build test suite from 0 tests to over 900 tests.
- Create and document a REST API for our dashboard using Stoplight and Laravel resources.
- Establish QA and deployment procedures.
- Setup our GitHub and Gitlab CI/CD environments.
- Integrations with financial, risk management, and other types of systems using JSON and SOAP.
- Maintain/setup production, demo, and staging servers as needed (AWS, Forge, Digital Ocean).
Senior Web Developer – envisionit
- Implemented new features for Laravel SAAS app using industry best practices.
- Expanded Laravel test suite from 300 to over 1200 PHPUnit tests greatly reducing time spent fixing defects.
- Advised and assist implementation with strategy for application testing.
- Introduced industry standards and best practices both non-technical and technical (testing, agile, architecture).
- Assisted project manager and other developers gather questions and requirements for user stories.
- Rewrote UI components to use Vue.
- Used Git flow to establish a good team flow for deploying.
Web Application Developer – Highland Solutions
- Created multi-tenant travel application in Laravel and MySQL along with an API.
- Integration with external systems using APIs and flat data files.
- Built web apps in 5-8 person distributed self-organizing agile team.
- Created code with testability, reusability, and maintainability in mind.
- Communicated with external clients and users to understand purpose and value.
- Championed best practices and industry standards for team (testing, code reviews, architecture).
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, PHI, and PII compliance requirements.